Sunday, March 23, 2008

A New Front Yard~


We've moved again. Gulf Coast RV park was not to our liking so we scouted around and found a much nicer spot. We're closer to my Aunt and right close to the beach. We even have a deck outside our door. CJ managed to park the motorhome about 6 inches from it. I've got all the plants out there. With the awning up it's cozy as can be. There's even a resident cat who seems to like visiting. She's sleeping on my lawn chair right now. It's been a busy Sunday but we're all settled in and ready for a day on the water tomorrow. CJ's back taking a nap right now. I wore him out.
Last night was the annual Memorial of Jesus death and Chuck went with me. He was a little grumbly about wearing a tie on vacation but he looked sharp. Afterwards we went to O'Charleys for supper. I think that was his favorite part. The kingdom Hall here is quite beautiful and the friends were all quite happy to welcome us. I went back to the public talk this morning and had quite a few nice conversations with several new acquaintances. I even met another brother and sister who were visiting from Wisconsin. They are staying just down the road at the State Park in a travel trailer. When I got home Chuck already had a lot of the moving preparations under way and we were on the road to our new site within an hour. I was sure glad to say good bye to that mosquito infested park in the swamp on the Bay Secour River! By the time we were settled in to our new spot I was too tired to fix a big Sunday meal so I just threw together some sloppy joes and made some coleslaw. We even ate on paper plates. It feels good to sit here and rest a bit.
Friday we went to Fort Morgan and played on the beach. Chuck of course looked for seashells and I sunbathed on a beach towel. After we left the beach we stopped at the Nature walk trails to do some hiking but before we got too far in we came across a sign telling us it was against the law to feed the alligators. Alligators??? Well needless to say we changed our mind about hiking. So instead we did some driving and sightseeing. The cottages along the coast were precious. They were painted in all the soft colors of the coast. All built on stilts and lots of white trim. We got to see a pelican up close and he didn't mind me snapping his picture. On the road out I made CJ stop so I could take a picture of the alligator sign. I got out of the car checking the roadside ditch carefully for alligators to be safe, walked around the front of the car to snap the picture when Mr. Chuckles tooted the horn and scared the heck out of me. He's such a clown. He got a great laugh out of me almost jumping over the car. On the way back to camp we stopped at several RV parks to check out their spots and prices. We didn't see anything we were crazy about. I'm glad we decided on this spot we have now. It's close to everything including my favorite restaurant, Docs. Can't wait to go there and eat!
Click on the link below for pictures of Fort Morgan:

No comments: